A 1-bedroom Self Catering Cottage
Middle Cottage is snug and cosy, it has a low downstairs ceiling and door, the floor is open plan with under-floor heated tiled floor. The ground floor comprises one room centred around a winding staircase, the sitting area with fireplace and wood-burning stove to one side, and well equipped kitchen/dining area to the other side. The kitchen is hand made and well equipped with granite worktops, gas hob and oven and fridge.
This an ideal romantic hideaway, with books and games for lazy days.
Upstairs is a galleried bedroom sleeping 2 with exposed beams and en-suite bathroom with bath/ shower.
There is an interconnecting downstairs door joining to East Cottage if larger groups wish to rent both.
Middle cottage is perfect for a couple, or to be let in conjunction with East Cottage.
- Oil central heating throughout
- Under-floor heating downstairs
- Small but lovely patio area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Gas oven and gas hob
- Fridge and freezer
- TV and DVD player
- Digital radio/CD system
- Wi-Fi internet facility
- Wood burning stove in sitting room
- Logs (first basket provided free)
- Cotton bed linen and towels included
- Heated towel rails
- Hair drier
- Iron and ironing board
- Feather duvets and pillows (fibre filled by arrangement)
- Fitted wardrobe with hanging space and shelving
- Ample hot water and large rose-head showers
- Travel cot, sheets, high chair and changing mat by arrangement
- Washing machine (in the drying room)
- Drying room. Including: tumble drier, sink, clothes airer and boot-rack and coat hooks for outdoor / wet clothes.
- Some books and games
- Welcome basket including local produce
- Honesty freezer containing locally made dishes
- No smoking
"We've discovered amazing landscapes and the English style of living. Thank You! Thank you for your hospitality!"
Nico and Noorye. Belgium
Our Green Credentials
At Southlands we endeavour to develop and manage the impact of our business on the environment in as sustainable way as possible.
We are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme and have recently gained the Gold Award for our endeavours
A Living History
Southlands is a small, 37-acre working farm with a story stretching back hundreds of years. We believe the farmhouse is one of a handful of mediaeval Northumbrian longhouses built during the reign of Henry VIII.
These days, the cottages are a little more insulated than they might have been then, and a lot more comfortable for our guests!