West Cottage Sleeps 4
One can enter West Cottage through either of the two original doorways, now fitted with glazed double doors ideal for throwing wide open in summer. This cottage is open plan but with a cosy and traditional feel created by leaving the beautiful original coined stonework exposed.
Our More Spacious 2 Bedroom Cottage
One can enter West Cottage through either of the two original doorways, now fitted with glazed double doors ideal for throwing wide open in summer. This cottage is open plan but with a cosy and traditional feel created by leaving the beautiful original coined stonework exposed. The sitting area has a huge oak lintel fireplace with a wood burning stove. The kitchen/dining areas are separated from the sitting room area by the staircase and the tiled ground floor is equipped with under-floor heating throughout.
The kitchen is hand Made with granite worktops, it is spacious, well equiped, and ready for your gastronomic delights. be it beans on toast or an afternoons work.
The staircase divides to the right and left, one side having a double bedroom and the other a twin bedroom, each with en-suite bathroom including large rose-head shower, upstairs also includes oil-fired central heating.
- Oil central heating throughout
- Under-floor heating downstairs
- Small but lovely patio area
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Gas oven and gas hob
- Fridge and freezer
- TV and DVD player
- Digital radio/CD system
- Wi-Fi internet facility
- Wood burning stove in sitting room
- Logs (first basket provided free)
- Cotton bed linen and towels included
- Heated towel rails
- Hair drier
- Iron and ironing board
- Feather duvets and pillows (fibre filled by arrangement)
- Fitted wardrobe with hanging space and shelving
- Ample hot water and large rose-head showers
- Travel cot, sheets, high chair and changing mat by arrangement
- Washing machine
- Drying room. Including: tumble drier, sink, clothes airer and boot-rack and coat hooks for outdoor / wet clothes.
- Some books and games
- Welcome basket including local produce
- Honesty freezer containing locally made dishes
- No smoking
"Thank you for taking us at such notice. The middle cottage is gorgeous and cosy with it’s underfloor heating! Best of luck with it all, I’m sure you’ll be very busy in the coming months, we’ll certainly recommend you. Thanks again for a lovely stay!"
Rosie & Dan (Honeymooners from Wales)
Our Green Credentials
At Southlands we endeavour to develop and manage the impact of our business on the environment in as sustainable way as possible.
We are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme and have recently gained the Gold Award for our endeavours
A Living History
Southlands is a small, 37-acre working farm with a story stretching back hundreds of years. We believe the farmhouse is one of a handful of mediaeval Northumbrian longhouses built during the reign of Henry VIII.
These days, the cottages are a little more insulated than they might have been then, and a lot more comfortable for our guests!